Out of Hours Safeguarding Advice
OUT OF HOURS ADVICE
Most of us look forward to the week ends and school holidays with great excitement but for some young people it can be a time of anxiety especially for those who rely on regular face-to-face contacts with their friends or who enjoy the security and structure provided by the school day.
If you are concerned about any young person in respect of their emotional well-being or you feel that they are vulnerable to harm or abuse and you are uncertain whether they are receiving support you may wish to contact one of the agencies listed. Many of the agencies have established links and will ensure that your concern or query is directed to the appropriate agency.
- First Response (Staffordshire County Council Social Services) 0800 1313 126 [Emergency out of hours: 0345 604 2886]
- Call Derbyshire (Derbyshire County Council Social Services) 01629 593 193
- First Contact (Derby City Council Social Services): 01332 641172
- Child Line 0800 1111
- Online issues or exploitation contact Child Exploitation and Online Protection Agency (CEOP) https://ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/
- Advice, support and how to report if you suspect that a young person is at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation http://knowaboutcse.co.uk/
- Advice, support and options if you or someone you love goes missing or runs away- 24 Hour Anonymous Helpline Text or Call 116 000
- Advice, support and options if you suspect Radicalisation/Extremist behaviour - https://www.staffordshire.police.uk/article/7859/Prevent
Police 101 (999 in an emergency)
Crimestoppers UK 0800 555 111